Monday, April 14, 2008

Please pray!

(This is a LONG post)

For those of you in our small group at church, you know the situation we are going through, but I will explain it to the rest of you.

Friday night after dinner, I found out from Todd that his company is going through some major financial issues. So serious, that they might not be making payroll for the employees. This would include us! I am panicked, but Todd seems to be taking it well, which is rare. Usually, he tends to stress about these things and I tend to be calm. We have struggled this past year on and off. The difference now is, we don't know if we will be getting a check every other week.

We are Christ followers and believe that God WILL take care of us and provide for us, but it is so hard to keep thinking positively when the numbers DO NOT work out. If you don't have the money, you don't have the money. I am really struggling with trusting Him and how this is going to work out. I am terrified as to what will happen between now and the conclusion of this not so fun trial.

I said all this to beg for your prayers! Todd really needs a better job/career change. We are in desperate need to be in a more stable job environment. Todd & I both need prayer in trusting God and what changes he is making on our lives. We are being tested in our faith. It seems as though Satan has stepped into our home a few too many times this year trying to crush us. My stability is in my home and family. Satan knows that if he disrupts that, our faith will be tested and we will doubt God and His power.

I am not perfect. I do doubt God's power, but He always takes care of us and we end up stronger than we were before the trial. I have been praying for a while for my faith to be stronger, to become closer to God, and to trust Him more. Well, I got my wish! We are having to trust God more than we have in a long time.

We would really appreciate your prayers. Please pray for our situation and for our faith in God's power over it.

1 comments:

Paula said...

Satan does attack where your heartstrings are -- and he attacks by planting doubt, sowing seeds of worry. Tighten your boot straps -- continue to lift your family to God -- remember all the challenges Job went through -- Stand up to Satan and tell him HE WILL NOT WIN! I will lift you up.